2 November 2006


From:that frolicsome kid
To:Whom this may concern
Date:2 November 2006, 17:57
Subject: Wow  

Yesterday, my family had an after-dinner conversation. It began with my mom updating us with our enrollments to extra-curricular classes. I was about to leave the table when she signaled me to have a seat. Rolling my eyes, I sat, but deep inside I really long to have conversations with my parents. The conversation then took a turn with my mom's question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Groans from me, but somehow, I just smiled. =)

My little brother: "I want to become an architect."

Me: "I probably want to do something in the Biology or Psychology field."

And there was some discussion on that. My parents just nodded their heads, happy that their sons have at least some idea of what they want to be. Then came the interesting fact.

My mom: "You know what, I always wanted to be a nurse as I wanted to help people in this world. My greatest idol was Florence Nightingale (Wow, I definitely didn't know that!). Unfortunately, because of financial difficulties, I did not manage to become one, so I decided to sell medicines and health food."

My dad: "I used to want to sell vehicles to people, like lorries, tractors etc. I never did because of financial difficulties as well and I couldn't get the proper education. I then worked with Shell in the airport for a couple of years until I quited my job and became an insurance agent. I simply dislike the rigidity of the job. Working at specific hours of the day and sometimes working overtime is really getting my nerves, and the pay was low as well. As an insurance agent, I have the freedom to work whenever I want, work hard to earn commission, and my daily commission was higher than my former monthly wages."

That's really interesting, as that night I realised each of my family members has different pursuits and interests which moulded them into the person they are today. I definitely learned something from that conversation! I look forward to have more conversations soon!

Today was a pretty tiring day. I don't know why, but I was more tired today than any other day. Still, I managed to drag myself away from my PC and read some seriously confusing and monotonous musical theory and a vocabulary improvement book. At least I sort of enriched myself with something today!

And speaking of enrichment, my little brother has just had his first Art class today. I found out that his art teacher was actually my former PE teacher teaching in my school! Cool! And after his class, I took the opportunity to look over his drawing. It was nice! And his art teacher left some really encouraging comments which made my family smile. He also gave my brother an assignment of drawing 8 characters.

I later approached him and teased him about having homework for the holidays. And his reply was seriously unexpected and also pleasantly surprised me.

"Aww, it's okay! I like it!" was his reply. He gave me his big grin. He was never the person who like doing homework, yet he said he will enjoy doing it, at least more than piano. I'm so sick of listening to him groaning and moaning about piano everytime we have classes. So this was definitely music to my ears! And my mom decided to let him drop piano too!

Okay, I just realised my November is going to be a pretty hectic month for me. There's the school holidays excursion, and there's some stinky inter-school computer quiz (Hello! In the midst of holidays?) and there's a party and I need to catch up on Sociology (I took it as an extra O Level subject on my own and my school doesn't offer it. Man!). Oh did I mention I have just signed myself up for yoga and German classes? And finally there's Nanowrimo!

Oh dear! I landed into a big fine mess myself! I hope I can make it to the end of November and also finish up my novel. I have completed 2% of novel, and *sigh* I still have like roughly 48,000+ words to go! That seems a lot, argh! Oh for your information, my novel is titled Kinderella, and you guessed it, it's a modern-twist to the old fairytale Cinderella story. The plots are vaguely the same, but the storyline is definitely a lot different. I hope that doesn't count as plagiarism... *shudder*.

I shall post up the story here very soon when I'm ready to do so. Let's hope I don't procrastinate again, that's like my worst habit of mine =(. Hmm, I'm so pepped up now to continue on my novel and I shall do so after my shower. So I will stop here for now and continue to update this blog later.

Comments (8):

by Anonymous
Date:2/11/06 21:53  

Your parents sound really nice. And smart.
Keep up with the novel writing. The story idea sounds interesting..

Thanks happy and blue 2 =).

Oh yea, my parents are really nice and smart. Which can both be a blessing and a...*ahem*curse*ahem*. ;)

by Anonymous
Date:4/11/06 02:04  

It is really awesome that your parents seem so great at taking an interest in what you are doing. :) I wish mine had, lol.

Using the cinderella story doesn't count as plagerism only if you lift direct quote from the story. So write on my friend!

Thank you for giving your clarification csmc, I'm much more at ease now =).

lacoste pas cher, north face, coach purses, michael kors, nike roshe run, michael kors, longchamp pas cher, chanel handbags, ray ban uk, michael kors, true religion jeans, nike blazer, tn pas cher, hollister, coach outlet, louboutin pas cher, oakley pas cher, north face, coach factory outlet, vans pas cher, kate spade outlet, air jordan pas cher, sac longchamp, michael kors, true religion outlet, hogan, hermes, coach outlet, burberry, converse pas cher, lululemon, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, kate spade handbags, hollister pas cher, air max, air force, vanessa bruno, true religion jeans, timberland, nike free, sac guess, true religion jeans, new balance pas cher, nike air max

hollister, moncler, canada goose outlet, canada goose, moncler, pandora jewelry, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora charms, moncler, canada goose, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, links of london, louis vuitton, toms shoes, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, moncler, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, doudoune canada goose, canada goose, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, karen millen, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, swarovski, moncler, ugg boots uk, thomas sabo, wedding dresses, canada goose uk, bottes ugg, coach outlet, replica watches, pandora charms, supra shoes, louis vuitton

doudoune canada goose, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, pandora jewelry, pandora charms, moncler, bottes ugg, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, swarovski, marc jacobs, links of london, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, montre pas cher, canada goose, louis vuitton, karen millen, sac louis vuitton pas cher, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, replica watches, moncler, moncler, canada goose, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg pas cher, toms shoes, pandora charms, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, moncler, coach outlet, canada goose, canada goose, louis vuitton, hollister, canada goose uk, supra shoes


شركة رش مبيدات مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة
افضل شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
افضل شركة تنظيف منازل بمكة
شركة غسيل خزانات بالرياض