12 September 2006


From:that frolicsome kid
To:Whom this may concern
Date:12 September 2006, 21:11
Subject: Be mad...or ignore?  

Should I be mad at him, or just ignore the whole freaking thing?There's this guy who is part of my committee in school (part of the prefects' committee) and we are involved in putting up articles in a notice board specially allocated for us. Apparently, I face a major problem with him and that is, he just cannot create well-done articles.

Okay, so maybe my expectations are kind of high. Yes, that's partially true. But the head of prefects want us to create articles that can draw the student body to read. And that means, they must not only be attractive in terms of designing and layouting, they also must be interesting to read. Now this guy here, fails to attract, and it is very text-heavy. Countless number of times he had not done much to improve the articles, and time and time again I told him to work on it and improve it, but unfortunately, he still failed to do so.

So he had passed me an article, which is something to do with telescopes. No offense to him, but I find it rather too pedantic and deep for the younger readers and even adult passers-by to even comprehend. And the worse thing is, it's majorly unattractive, and ... it's so sad, I seriously am too baffled by words. I can't do anything to it, simply because its his work, and I can't just make it beautiful for him. I did that a couple of times already, and am not willing to do it for him again. I believe that it's something that he should learn to do and is expected to do. I mean, it isn't really that tough to manipulate MS Word to create an article that can pass my expectations. It doesn't have to be so nice and so beautiful that it dazzle the readers to cloud nine, but at least something that makes passers-by want to read!

And that is the whole point of our job. We make articles for people to read, so we must strive to first get their attention by making our articles attractive, and thus they will read. It's all about advertisement through design, telling people that our articles ARE interesting. It's saddening that, although this is quite true, most of the students don't even read our articles. Although there is a lot more reader traffic than last time's (I was not a prefect yet, but I could see that it's utterly dull.), but still not many people read it.

And you know what's worse? That is exactly the excuse that he gave me, asking me why do we even have to do such a "mundane, sad, ridiculous, redundant, unnecessary (you name it)" job. But it's not. Compared to the other committees, our work is like a breeze. At least I think so. (No, I don't think so. It's equally hard.) I just don't get it. Is he too lazy to even think creatively? I'm really surprised that he can't do that since he's one of the top students of the class.

So, I bet you guys would say "Why wouldn't you want to lecture him for bad work? I mean, you think he deserves it." I say, yes, you're right. But wait, he's one good buddy. I ... I just can't bear to scold him. Sigh~ I'm too "soft"! Although I hate to admit it. That is my problem now. I don't like to scold people. It's not nice. Although I can't be a real meanie at home! I just don't know what to do now. I really want to put up his article a.s.a.p., but unfortunately, his does not even pass the standard. And the head shall interrogate me once more of the delay, and how am I suppose to answer her?

How am I suppose to approach him without aggression? It's either I tell him off kindly (which I don't think it will work) or give him a very bad lecture (which may strain our relationship, and may bring about a variety of hostilities). I'm so stuck now, and I only have a few minutes to decide, before I call this a day and go to bed.

This sucks...

...

I'm so going to have difficulty in telling him off...again!

Comments (6):

ninest123 09.18
michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, louboutin, ugg boots, michael kors, tiffany and co, burberry, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp, michael kors outlet, nike free, prada outlet, replica watches, nike air max, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, burberry outlet online, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, tory burch outlet, nike air max, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, tiffany jewelry, ugg boots, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, uggs on sale, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, louis vuitton

hollister, moncler, canada goose outlet, canada goose, moncler, pandora jewelry, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora charms, moncler, canada goose, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, links of london, louis vuitton, toms shoes, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, moncler, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, doudoune canada goose, canada goose, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, karen millen, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, swarovski, moncler, ugg boots uk, thomas sabo, wedding dresses, canada goose uk, bottes ugg, coach outlet, replica watches, pandora charms, supra shoes, louis vuitton

michael kors outlet, ralph lauren uk, nike free run uk, michael kors, hollister pas cher, lacoste pas cher, ray ban pas cher, true religion outlet, converse pas cher, nike blazer, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet, north face, coach outlet, abercrombie and fitch, north face, hogan, burberry outlet online, nike roshe, air force, michael kors, lululemon, ugg boots, vanessa bruno, michael kors, new balance pas cher, michael kors, coach purses, michael kors outlet, sac guess, coach outlet, ray ban uk, hollister, replica handbags, tn pas cher, hermes, nike air max, oakley pas cher, mulberry, true religion jeans, timberland, ugg boots, nike air max, burberry, true religion jeans, nike air max, true religion jeans, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet

new balance, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, reebok shoes, babyliss, vans, asics running shoes, nike roshe, hollister, nike trainers, lancel, timberland boots, hollister, wedding dresses, nfl jerseys, gucci, p90x workout, valentino shoes, louboutin, instyler, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, abercrombie and fitch, converse outlet, beats by dre, soccer shoes, vans shoes, baseball bats, oakley, mont blanc, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, nike huarache, longchamp, hollister, iphone cases, mac cosmetics, chi flat iron, ferragamo shoes, mcm handbags, insanity workout, north face outlet, north face outlet, birkin bag, herve leger, nike air max, ray ban, ghd, lululemon, giuseppe zanotti

new balance, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, reebok shoes, babyliss, vans, asics running shoes, nike roshe, hollister, nike trainers, lancel, timberland boots, hollister, wedding dresses, nfl jerseys, gucci, p90x workout, valentino shoes, louboutin, instyler, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, abercrombie and fitch, converse outlet, beats by dre, soccer shoes, vans shoes, baseball bats, oakley, mont blanc, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, nike huarache, longchamp, hollister, iphone cases, mac cosmetics, chi flat iron, ferragamo shoes, mcm handbags, insanity workout, north face outlet, north face outlet, birkin bag, herve leger, nike air max, ray ban, ghd, lululemon, giuseppe zanotti

doudoune canada goose, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, pandora jewelry, pandora charms, moncler, bottes ugg, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, swarovski, marc jacobs, links of london, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, montre pas cher, canada goose, louis vuitton, karen millen, sac louis vuitton pas cher, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, replica watches, moncler, moncler, canada goose, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg pas cher, toms shoes, pandora charms, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, moncler, coach outlet, canada goose, canada goose, louis vuitton, hollister, canada goose uk, supra shoes