23 January 2008


From:that frolicsome kid
To:Whom this may concern
Date:23 January 2008, 20:31
Subject: Turning Point?  

This week has been pretty eventful. It is going to be filled with CAS activities. I feel happy because it gives me a sense of purpose, besides pursuing the academia. Here's what has happened, and will happen:

  • Joined the running club.

  • MUN is in 5 weeks. Meeting was held yesterday. I found out the country I'm representing, and although I'm not too happy about the allocation, I can live with it. =)

  • The first episode of Heroes, Season 2 premiered yesterday on Star World. It was really great! Time passed by really fast. I can't wait for next week's episode! =D
  • Today, I took care of toddlers in my school.

  • A walk around the local park for an upcoming trip overseas.

  • Working with autistic children.

  • Joining the Film Making club next week.


Highlights of the week? Taking care of children.

Seriously, never in my life have I considered taking care of children! =O Yeah, I do dream of being a father and having a nice family, but I've never considered the aspect of taking good care of children. I don't know why, but I tend to shy away from them. I'm so scared that they don't like me and find me an evil monster.

But then, there were a couple of times when I am stuck in a room with a child or two, and after overcoming my hesitation, I find that I really do enjoy playing with them. Their sheer innocence and their innate ability to find anything fun is amazing. It was just exactly what happened just now. A friend invited me to join the Toddler Group, which basically is about playing with toddlers and taking care of them. Previously, I was appalled by the idea because I am afraid of doing a bad job. Today, I took the plunge. Besides, I needed some hours for CAS. It couldn't hurt, right? If I didn't like it, I can at least say I have tried it.

Guess what? I had no regrets at all!

I spent time playing with this cute little guy. He is so charismatic and full of life. Today, he and I are playing airports, cars, cities, animals... All kinds of funky things. Suddenly, I was rediscovering childhood, and I let my imagination overtake me. End result? The kid enjoyed himself, and my friends were really surprised at my sudden childish behaviour. Whoops, my deep dark secret is out! Lol! =P Honestly, it was really fun to play with him, talk to him and entertain him. I think his parents are worried that I enjoyed myself more than he enjoyed himself. Lol! It was so hilarious, and I was kind of embarrassed after that. So I toned down a bit and let him be the, well, "master".

All in all, it was really fun. I can't believe I actually had fun playing with him. A child! And I discovered one thing. I can be my true self, let myself go and indulge in childish pastimes. Forget about the pressures of IB and just connect with young people. No more facades.

In short, no regrets. And I am looking forward to playing with autistic children too. I think it will be a fresh, new experience because I'm lacking in the child care department. ;) So I think it is going to be really fun! Plus, there will be someone there who will guide us in dealing with autistic kids. So it should be really cool and exciting. I really can't wait.

I have a feeling that these experiences with children will lead me to something bigger. Could it be my passion? A newfound hobby? Who knows? I think I shall let time tell. In the meantime, I will hopefully enjoy myself among children. Thanks to the IB programme for opening up new perspectives in life!

Comments (9):

by Anonymous
Date:24/1/08 09:28  

children are an amazing bunch of people. working with them and having them look up to you when theyre in need, wow. i just love the feeling of being around children =)

gucci outlet, louboutin outlet, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton outlet, air max, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, ray ban sunglasses, air max, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, nike shoes, coach factory outlet, nike free, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, chanel handbags, christian louboutin shoes, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp handbags, coach outlet

insanity workout, north face jackets, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, ugg boots, p90x, birkin bag, longchamp, ferragamo shoes, rolex watches, herve leger, hollister, canada goose, babyliss pro, ugg australia, canada goose, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, ghd, soccer shoes, ugg, nfl jerseys, nike roshe run, north face outlet, valentino shoes, mont blanc, celine handbags, nike huarache, new balance shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, canada goose, mcm handbags, beats by dre, bottega veneta, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, canada goose uk, mac cosmetics, ugg pas cher, vans shoes, jimmy choo outlet, instyler, uggs outlet, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, abercrombie and fitch

insanity workout, north face jackets, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, ugg boots, p90x, birkin bag, longchamp, ferragamo shoes, rolex watches, herve leger, hollister, canada goose, babyliss pro, ugg australia, canada goose, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, ghd, soccer shoes, ugg, nfl jerseys, nike roshe run, north face outlet, valentino shoes, mont blanc, celine handbags, nike huarache, new balance shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, canada goose, mcm handbags, beats by dre, bottega veneta, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, canada goose uk, mac cosmetics, ugg pas cher, vans shoes, jimmy choo outlet, instyler, uggs outlet, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, abercrombie and fitch

lancel, canada goose, timberland boots, pandora charms, thomas sabo, moncler outlet, hollister, canada goose, moncler, hollister clothing store, converse, ray ban, louis vuitton, rolex watches, iphone 6 cases, oakley, juicy couture outlet, vans, karen millen, pandora jewelry, ugg, moncler, air max, supra shoes, swarovski crystal, swarovski, pandora charms, moncler, moncler, converse shoes, gucci, ugg, louboutin, montre homme, air max, hollister, coach outlet store online, links of london, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, parajumpers, moncler, toms shoes, wedding dresses, moncler

hollister, moncler, canada goose outlet, canada goose, moncler, pandora jewelry, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora charms, moncler, canada goose, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, links of london, louis vuitton, toms shoes, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, moncler, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, doudoune canada goose, canada goose, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, karen millen, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, swarovski, moncler, ugg boots uk, thomas sabo, wedding dresses, canada goose uk, bottes ugg, coach outlet, replica watches, pandora charms, supra shoes, louis vuitton

hollister, moncler, canada goose outlet, canada goose, moncler, pandora jewelry, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora charms, moncler, canada goose, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, links of london, louis vuitton, toms shoes, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, moncler, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, doudoune canada goose, canada goose, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, karen millen, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, swarovski, moncler, ugg boots uk, thomas sabo, wedding dresses, canada goose uk, bottes ugg, coach outlet, replica watches, pandora charms, supra shoes, louis vuitton

new balance, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, reebok shoes, babyliss, vans, asics running shoes, nike roshe, hollister, nike trainers, lancel, timberland boots, hollister, wedding dresses, nfl jerseys, gucci, p90x workout, valentino shoes, louboutin, instyler, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, abercrombie and fitch, converse outlet, beats by dre, soccer shoes, vans shoes, baseball bats, oakley, mont blanc, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, nike huarache, longchamp, hollister, iphone cases, mac cosmetics, chi flat iron, ferragamo shoes, mcm handbags, insanity workout, north face outlet, north face outlet, birkin bag, herve leger, nike air max, ray ban, ghd, lululemon, giuseppe zanotti

doudoune canada goose, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, pandora jewelry, pandora charms, moncler, bottes ugg, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, swarovski, marc jacobs, links of london, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, montre pas cher, canada goose, louis vuitton, karen millen, sac louis vuitton pas cher, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, replica watches, moncler, moncler, canada goose, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg pas cher, toms shoes, pandora charms, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, moncler, coach outlet, canada goose, canada goose, louis vuitton, hollister, canada goose uk, supra shoes